Saturday, February 11, 2012

and We Thank the Academy....

As you probably noticed, if you are a follower of our blog, we have been mostly absent in the last few weeks due to the inability of Mack and me to type since we don't have thumbs and having to wait on hu-mom to do it for us. Oh, if only our useless dew claws worked!  Not only would we be blogging, we'd be on Face Book,  tweeting and playing games on Pogo.com, sending emails, among other things.... any way, back to what I was going to say earlier.  Our wonderful blogging friends have bestowed upon us *2* awards in the last few weeks and we haven't posted about them.  So we're going to post the2 different awards given to us recently.  Our blogging friends are so special to us and we've made so many friends in the last 1 1/2 years that we been blogging.  It's really exciting.





Payton gave this award to us.  Along with this honor comes some responsibility…I have to answer the 10 questions below and share 10 random thoughts and/or facts about myself before passing it on to 10 other blogs.  So here it goes:

Question/answer section


1. Name your favorite activity. 

Mack:  Sleeping
Minnie: Eating

2. Name your favorite treat.  

Mack: Anything edible and not poisonous to dogs
Minnie:  Cat food and cat "treats" (those of you with kitty litter boxes know what I mean)

3. What ticks you off?

Mack:  Having the compressed air shot near keep me from barking a warning when a car drives by the house
Minnie:  Someone taking my personal stuff

4. When you’re upset, what do you do?

Mack: My tail goes between my legs
Minnie: Shiver and shake and hide under the bed

5. What makes you indescribably happy?

Mack: When my humans come home, I sing to them!
Minnie:  Playing fetch with the mini tennis balls and my people coming home, I sing along with Mack

6. What do you do when you are excited? 

Mack:  Sing and wiggle the butt
Minnie:  Run around like a crazy woman

7. What is your biggest fear?

Mack:  Missing a meal
Minnie: Loud noises, like thunder, lighting, fireworks, cars backfiring and workmen hammering on the roof for 2 days straight

8. Describe your everyday attitude.

Mack: Laid back, sweet and snuggle bug
Minnie:  Ready to play at any moment, ready to eat at any hour


 Name your favorite toy.


Mack: Destuffed square green or blue stuffie sheep (Thanks, Minnie, for destuffing it)
Minnie:  Mini tennis balls

10. Name your favorite place to sleep or nap. 

Mack:  Back of the couch so I can be on guard duty and let humans know of impending danger
Minnie:  Big bed, under the covers

Random facts/thoughts section 
    1. Minnie is living with pancreatitis 
    2. Minnie does not like to get up in the AM, would rather sleep in
    3. Minnie would be happy to be an only dog
    4. Mack loves company
    5. Mack loves other dogs
    6. Mack is on allergy shots, he is known as the scratching king
    7. Minnie loves pink
    8. Mack's ears are turning a beautiful silver color
    9. Mack's tongue is so short he can barely stick it out of his mouth (compared to most pugs)
    10. Mack likes to watch TV, will bark at any animal or anything that resembles an animal
    I would like to give this award to the following blogs.

    7.  Lexi and her siblings at Blue Bird Farm in VA

    We want to thank Payton for giving us this awesome award.  The recipients are under no obligation to post this award, but we want you guys to know that we enjoy your blog!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    From Bunk we received this lovely award!  Thank you Bunk, we love your blog and you are one crazy, black pug puppy!

    I am so happy to receive this award because the purpose of this award is to simply to recognize the efforts of fellow bloggers and to let them know that their work is appreciated. 

    We pass this lovely award to the following lovely blogs:


    Again, please don't feel obligated to post this award or pass it on. But dear readers, if you are not familiar with these blogs, please check them out. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I was tagged by Lola to answers a few questions about myself and Mack.

    Here we go:

    1. Describe yourself in 7 words.

    Minnie:  Sweet, playful, loving, shy, energetic, beautiful, shiny fur
    Mack:  Snugly, sleepy, laid back, lumpy, calm, snorty, turning silver in the face

    2. What keeps you up at night?

    Minnie: Mack's snoring, not much else
    Mack:  Hu-mom being up in the middle of the  night on the 'puter

    3.  Who would you like to be?

    Mack:  Honey, (a male version of) the Great Dane, I am a small doggie with a big dog attitude
    Minnie:  Lassie, so I could run free in the meadow and save Timmy from the well

    4. What are you wearing right now?

    Mack: Naked as a jail bird
    Minnie:  A lady never tells!

    5. What scares you?

    Minnie:  Everything and anything LOUD
    Mack:  Not much, I'm a man!  (Maybe going to the V E T)

    6. The best and worst of blogging.

    Mack: Waiting for hu-mom to post and follow up on our reading and learning of our friends going over the Rainbow Bridge
    Minnie:  Same thing as Mack....

    7. The last website I visited.

    Minnie:  The Adventures of the Tank

    8. What is one thing I would change about myself.

    Minnie:  I need to be braver!
    Mack:  Hmmm,  I guess try to sleep and bark less!

    9. Slankets yes or no.  We had no idea what Slankets are/is, we asked Google. (seems they are like the snuggie)

    Mack:  Hell, yes, in camo please.
    Minnie:  Nice, warm and a thick one in PINK!

    10. Tell us something about the dog that tagged you.

    Lola is one of the funniest pugs we've met in a long time and her hu-mom is running at a close 2nd!  Visit their blog to find out.

    We can tag other blogs, but I think it would be wonderful if everyone reading this would tag themselves and tell us more about themselves!  No need to be tagged by anyone.

    Thanks Lola and her mom for sharing this with us.  We are truly honored.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    This has been a really long, long. long post today.  I hope we didn't bore you.
    Please visit the blogs we've touched today, they are all wonderful.  There are so many other blogs that we didn't mention but are just as great.  So if we didn't mention you, please know that we love all of  you equally.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Love,
    Minnie  : )













    11 comments:

    Payton said...

    Hi Minnie and Mack! Congratulations on the awards! I just loved hearing more about you both. But especially Mack, I think he was made for me! Hehee! *blush*. Have a great weekend.
    Love,
    Payton
    Ps. I got a package yesterday late afternoon and mom said I could open it today! Thanks Mack!! I will have to send you pictures.

    Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

    M & M...CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWARDS... You two certainly do deserve them!!!

    Thank you fur thinkin my humble blog is worth bestowing that LOVELY Award to. I am most Thrilled and FLATtered hehehe... Get it... I made a Frankie Funny JUST FUR YOU..
    FLAT... like a Dachshund is to the ground!! baaaWaaaaah.. I can laff at US.

    I loved all of your answers to all of the questions and stuffs. MOSTEST Interesting to know more about our furends.

    Bassetmomma said...

    Congrats and happy awards day!! Mack you have the same fear as Fred....missing a meal! LOL

    bichonpawz said...

    Of course you didn't bore us! We love hearing all about you two! Thank you so much for the award and Congratulations on yours!!
    Xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    Dachshund Nola said...

    Congrats and thanks!
    Dachshund Nola

    Two French Bulldogs said...

    Congratulations on your awards. Those random thoughts, poor babies
    Benny & Lily

    Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

    Oh....me been tagged...again!

    Me be tellin' all bout meself real soon.

    HH and The Boys said...

    Wow... congratulations on the awards... It was wonderful to read all that information about you two.

    pawhugs, Max

    tubby3pug said...

    Great answers and you sure do deserve these awards

    Maddy and Owen said...

    Loved learning more about you guys :) Congrats on your awards! They are well deserved :)
    Wags,
    Maddy and Owen

    Frank The Tank said...

    Hi Minnie and Mack!
    Oh my Pugness Congratulations on ALL the awards! WOW You had so many! Well done! I love these awards because you guys both get to tell everyone a little bit about you and I just loved hearing about you, espesh my gorgeous Minnie! Minnie, you will be pleased to know that even though you like to eat Cat "treats" I still would kiss you! I have to confess that in my street I'm outnumbered by cats 10 to 1 so have tried my share of Cat "treats" too!
    I can tell that you are quite scared but I would protect you, I protect my Mum from all sorts of noises outside, I even bark at people in their windows with the lights on at night!!! I'm a macho Pugalier! Heee,Heee!
    Love, Licks and BIG Puggie Hugs and Tummy Rubs from your Boy Frank xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx