Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Minnie's Vet Visit

Hu-mom and hu-dad got home on Sunday!!  We really missed them and I think they  missed us, too.  Ellen took good care of us, but nobody is like mom and dad.  Grandmother was bad and fed us at least one box of treats during the 9 days they were gone.

When I went to the vet today I had gained weight!  Ouch......

I had to go to the vet because I broke out in a very bad, red, itchy rash on my tummy, chest and under my arms.  Hu-mom said it was from the dry kibble I ate while they were away.  She said she did not ask the dog sitter to feed us our raw diet because it was a lot of work.  I don't know, but I love kibble, too! and so does Mack.

Here's what my tummy looks like, that's my cute, little fat tummy, the red stuff is the rash.


It itched like crazy.  I was doing the lobster slide on the rug to scratch it. 

The vet prescribed some good stuff, and hu-mom will be making us our home made raw diet and I'll be like new real soon.



There were some very interesting sounds going on outside the exam room.  Wished I could have seen what was going by!

Hu-mom said Spring and warm weather are around the corner.  I hope so.  The man on the TV box said "winter weather" is coming our way.  That doesn't sound like spring to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

We missed reading all our Blogville friends posts these last days. Can't wait to catch up.

Love,
Minnie  :)

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad your humans are back!! Oh now so sorry about your tummy but glad the dr could fix it right up!

Noodles said...

OOOOOOO! That made me itchy just lookin' at your red tummy. Hope you feel better soon.
Love Noodles

Tucker The Crestie said...

Oh, your poor tummy! We are raw feeders, too - we LOVE our raw! Glad your mom & dad are home!

Scooter said...

Glad your back but sorry bout that itchy red tummy!! Hope it gets better soon. Check out my new contest that i have going!!

wags
Jazzi

The Army of Four said...

You poor thing! I'm glad your parents are back to take care of you. I hope your tummy-tum feels better real quick like!
Luv,
Dave

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Eeeeeeee so red and itchy lookings Minnie! We hope that medicine keeps you from rubbing your tummy on the rug. Feel betters!

PS
Sequoia has food allergies too, maybe next time the sitter could feed you the perscription allergen free food dry kibbles maybe there will be less of a rash. We use ZD Ultra Allergen Free kibbles. Good luck.

houndstooth said...

Oh no! Your tummy sure looks painful and itchy! I hope getting back to your regular food will make it better soon.

Bunny

Anonymous said...

We hope things get back to normal again really fast!! That tummy looks VERY itchy! Thankfully, Riley has not really shown any allergies to any foods. She is allergic to the dissolving stitches they used when she got spayed...we dealt with an inflamed, irritated, infected incision for about 4 months. No good, so we feel your pain (or itchiness)!!

No worries about gaining that weight...it just makes you a "curvy" lady...the men are all into curves! :)

Elyse and Riley

Suki said...

Hi Minnie,

So glad you are back. Sorry to hear about your tummy. Hope it gets better fast.

Hugs,
Suki

Oskar said...

I hope your tummy gets all better soon!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Oh no! We have back up foods that we can eat without itchies that are easier for non-moms to feed. Maybe your mom can find some that would work for you. Stella and Chewy's is good. Frozen and raw that you just thaw out. Our mom doesn't have a life where she goes anywhere without us, but we have the back up food for emergencies like hurricanes.
Hope you feel better soon!

Maddy and Owen said...

That poor tummy of yours! I hope you feel better soon!
Wags,
Maddy and Owen

Bobbie said...

Oh, Poor Minnie. I hope you feel better real soon. There's nothing worse than the itchies for a pup - Gracie can vouch for that. Have a good Friday.

Kristin G. said...

Welcome home to your humans! I hope the itches stop very soon.

Puggle Preston said...

glad your humans are home!
oh no rash! it makes me feel itchy all over just by looking at the picture. I hope you feel much better and the rash goes away as soon as you stop the kibbles.
take care!
Wags,
preston

Lori @ According to Gus said...

So sorry to hear about your itchy rash, Minnie. I'm glad that the vet was able to give you something to make it all better.

I bet you and Mack were SO happy your family was back home!

Kitty+Coco said...

Sorry we are a little late on this, but WOW! Poor Mack. Guess the raw foods are pretty impawtent. Funny that you two like crunchy kibbles cause you are used to raw. We love mushy stuff but get the crunchies. Boo. No rash either, so mom won't believe the whole allergies claim.

Kitty and Coco

Unknown said...

Oh Minnie - I'm sorry to hear about your rash! My human also often just lets me go back to kibble when I go to kennels or something -but luckily, so far, I seem to do OK with the change. I seem to have a cast iron stomach and can eat all sorts of things without getting sick!

Anyway, hope you're back to your yummy raw diet now and feeling much better!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

tayte said...

more helpful hints check over here description Chrome-Hearts Dolabuy imp source site here