Well, Mario has been up to no good again. It all happened in one day! So this is one day in the life of Mario the Puggle:
This is Diana, hu-brother's wife (see below for news about hu-bro Josh her husband)....she was over visiting. MOST of us were outside on the patio. Guess who was in the house? (OK, folks have been asking for photos of Mack. He's usually napping, like in the picture above and misses out on the action. So here's Mack!)
Guess who did this?
In this photo Mario had gotten hold of Grandmother's wicker waste basket. As you can see he had fun UN weaving the wicker. And he did it in the living room on the good oriental rug!
Mario, the innocent.
Next, was lunch. There were about 6 of us. So we decided to eat at the big table in the dining room so we could all fit. Lunch was sandwiches, buffet style on the kitchen peninsula. Joanne had put her plate on the table in the dining room, other people were in the room. She went back into the kitchen and 15 seconds later...guess what? Her sandwich was gone but the potato salad and fruit salad were still neatly on her plate. No evidence, no crumbs. Just some dog licking his chops. Wonder who?
We went outside again after lunch and had been outside for quite a while. Well, we thought EVERYONE was outside. Diana came back inside and found her purse had been pulled off the foyer table, unzipped and SOME DOGGIE had taken out and eaten an entire pack of 15 piece gum leaving only a little bit of wrapper as evidence. Hu-mom was concerned about all the gum that had been consumed and what it would do to a dogs insides. She called the vet and the vet said to call ASPCA Poison Control. Poison Control was wonderful and quick. The researched the product, and the specialty vet in poison controls found that this type of gum would not harm Mario. We were to "bulk" up his next 4 meals with 1 1/2 slice of bread or 1/2 cup of pumpkin. The gum would be able to pass without a problem. We are happy to report that as of today (today is July 3 and the day in question was Thursday June 28) Mario has had no problems. (Knock on wood.) I guess there are some gums that could be poisonous to dogs if consumed in large amounts but don't know what brands.
What are we going to do with you Mario? How do we explain this to prospective adoptive parents????
Well, there are 2 possible families interested in Mario, so we'll see if anyone takes the plunge!
Other exciting news
Hu-brother Josh (on the left) is now officially a US Army Solider of the United States Army Signal Center of Excellence!
He's coming home, due to be in July 6! We haven't seen him since January 15. We can't wait to see him.
another one of Josh
Our entire family is so proud of what he has accomplished!